Close To You’s COVID-19 Commitment To Health and Safety - Revised Nov 2020
Close To You’s Commitment to Health and Safety
We are excited to be reopening as of May 19, 2020. Below you will find the measures we are taking to ensure our staff and clients stay safe and healthy.
Revised November 19/20
- We have rearranged the displays throughout the store to ensure appropriate spacing to accommodate physical distancing.
- All clients must wear masks when entering Close To You.
- We have placed directional arrows and markers to ensure spacing and distancing throughout the store.
- There are sanitizing stations in place at the store entrance and available upon request. We ask clients to use these stations be on their hands upon entering the store.
- Clients and staff will maintain 2 metres (6 feet) physical distancing wherever possible.
- Clients will maintain the 2-metre distancing when waiting to complete their transaction at the front counter.
- The change room area will be limited to a maximum of 3 (three) people at a time.
- Clients will stand behind the plexiglass as the sales is being completed.
- Clients are to leave all items tried on in the change room or on the designated rack for steaming.
- When in the change room trying on items, staff will inform clients as to when they may leave the area to maintain proper distancing protocol.
- Staff will wash their hands for 20-30 seconds or apply hand sanitizer after assisting each client in the change room and on the sales floor.
- Staff will ensure that every clothing item is steamed before it is placed back onto the floor racking.
- A maximum of 2 staff member will be behind the front counter at a time.
- Only one staff member will be in the change room area at a time.
- At regular intervals at-risk for transmission areas of the store (based on checklist) will be wiped down with approved sanitizing products, and the checklist will be initialized as completed.
- Senior staff will review WorkPlace Safety Assessment with each staff member as they come into work for their posted shift. This record will be signed and kept for a minimum of 30 days.
- If a staff member feels sick or in any way compromised with their health, we require that they notify the manager and stay at home.
- Whenever possible, staff will distance themselves from clients and other staff members by 2 metres (6 feet).
- All staff will wear masks covering the nose and mouth while at the workplace other than while eating/drinking in our common staff area
- Plexi-glass barriers have been installed to ensure safety of all staff
- All hard surfaces and equipment are included in our cleaning protocols.
- Staffing will be limited to a maximum of 4 (four) on the sales floor. If a staff member feels compromised or more comfortable, they can request to leave the area.
- We will ensure that when staff are working with a client at the counter that clients stand behind the plexiglass.
- In the changerooms, staff will only work with one client at a time. Staff cannot work with two clients in the changeroom at the same time.
- Staff will sanitize or wash their hands after every client interaction.
- After a meal break staff will sanitize their hands
- We will limit the number of people, including staff to 15 (fifteen) in the store at any one time, based on our square footage and staffing.
- We request that staff notify friends and family not to come to the store to visit to keep the store to stay safe for everyone.
- If a staff member exhibits any COVID-19 symptoms, we require that they get tested for Covid-19 at their earliest time and stay away from the workplace until they receive confirmation that it is safe to return.
- Steaming of fashions and lingerie will be done in a specifically designated area in the store.
- At regular intervals, a minimum of twice a day, the store areas as listed on the checklist will be wiped down with approved sanitizing product. The checklist will be initialed for each area identified.
- Our washroom is not a public washroom. If a client must use our washroom, the staff member who permitted the use is responsible for sanitizing.
Thank you for staying safe and honoring our Commitment to Health and Safety.